Okta Setup for Enteprise Launcher
This tutorial covers the single sign-on Okta setup for the BlueFletch Enterprise Launcher. Okta is a popular tool used by Enterprises for providing a single sign-on (SSO) identify provider for applications. Due to the popularity of Okta, a number of the users that leverage the BlueFletch Enterprise Launcher leverage OKTA.
During this video, we will walk through how to configure Okta to allow the BlueFletch Launcher to authenticate users via the OpenID Connect protocol.
- Creating a new native application type in Okta as OpenID Connect:
- Create application name for the BlueFletch Enterprise Launcher
- Enter a redirect for the login URI (com.bluefletch.launcher/callback)
- Enter a redirect for the logout URI (com.bluefletch.launcher/logout)
- Edit the Application
- Setup Token (check refresh)
- Use PKCE (keep this selected, it normally defaults to PKCE)
- Get the client credential and ID (Save for adding into your BlueFletch Enterprise launcher configuration)
- Assign the Authentication group (or users) you would like to use. Note: You can use the same Okta configuration for multiple groups and still have different on device configurations specific to each group.
- Leverage the above information for your BlueFletch Launcher Configuration