In case you missed our newsletter (sign up here!), we recap our top 5 articles on Android, iOS and enterprise mobility each week.
May 5th – 12th:
- Intro To iBeacons: The Future of Retail (via BlueFletch Blog)
- We recap the top 3 iBeacon misconceptions and how you can start testing iBeacons in your home.
- Facebook Is Dominating Mobile (via The Guardian)
- Facebook and Minecraft were the top 2 most downloaded apps for Android & iOS last month. Facebook owned three of the five top free apps in Android’s Google Play store, Facebook Messenger and Instagram being the others and will soon own second-placed WhatsApp.
- Summer Vacation Plans? Top 10 Travel apps for Android (via Android Central)
- The pros at Android Central created a list of what they consider to be 10 of the very best travel apps available for Android, in particular apps that aren’t too specific (like airlines) or too regionally restricted.
- Which elements are necessary for enterprise mobile app development? (via WhaTech)
- Nobody likes to type on small screen devices. You must try to use a better alternative than typing. Include functions that can be performed with some clicks and make minimum use of typing in your app. Read 4 more tips above.
- Yahoo Is Doubling Down On Mobile Again (via TechCrunch)
- Mobile traffic is doubling in every metric Yahoo has, but they have yet to create a top 100 app. In order to improve, Marissa Mayer has upped their staff to 500 mobile developers. In Mayer’s Yahoo, there are three areas of focus: search, mail and digital magazines. And the company released new design-oriented apps, such as Yahoo Weather, Yahoo Mail and Yahoo News Digest.
What are some of your favorite articles from last week?